College

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Google Earth





Upon first downloading GE, I had no idea what I was about to embark upon. Then, as the screen slowly panned over my home, I realized what was going on. Over the past few years I have become obsessive about information people can find out about me online. A few years back, I spent about $60.00 at a People Finder website just to see an aerial pic of my home...just so I could see what others see. I'm glad that the websites are not updated daily, it would scare me to death. What if they took a pic of me doing something silly in my front yard? Daily? That would just be ridiculous. The whole idea of GE nauseates me. Is there nothing private in our lives anymore? Do other people really need to be able to get an aerial pic of my home? For what? Where I live is my business, and my business only. It scares me to think that my son could be outside when the picture is being taken, although thankfully the quality is not that good. I'm going to include the pics GE has of my home in this blog....after all everyone can see it anyhow.

I even found my job....however the pic is over 3 years old as we have moved to a new location, just down the road. In the picture, you can see that the new location is still being worked on. The old location is at the top, the new is below it. I think I can even see my car in the parking lot!

President Bush thinks that email is too insecure but GE isn't? Now that, truly scares me, coming from our "commander in cheif" Please excuse me while I get sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home